Come experience the 10th Anniversary of
the IEI Festival for Euphonium and Tuba
June 23-29, 2013
at Emory University in Atlanta, GA
IEI 2011 - Outreach Concert at Alpharetta First United Methodist Church
What makes the IEI Festival unique
EXPERIENCE - One of the longest (10 years) running festivals focused on euphonium and tuba
VARIETY 15 world class teachers and staff including 4 international artists!
CUSTOMIZE - Choose lesson and master class options that fit your budget
TRADITION - A special performing opportunity for ALL alumni of the previous IEI Festivals to join on the Gala Concert
ENSEMBLES - Play and perform with each of the following: the IEI Festival Massed ensemble (50+ players!!), medium ensembles (18-25 players ), AND chamber ensembles (4-8 players)
OPPORTUNITIES - Exhibits of instruments, mouthpieces, and sheet music by our GREAT sponsors
COMPETE - Take part in the 3rd Annual IEI Festival Solo Competition
HANG - Meet students from around the world, share meals with guest artists, and enjoy the scenic Emory campus
CONCERTS - Hear our inspirational staff perform including many special guests like the Atlanta Youth Wind Symphony
OUTREACH - Perform at John's Creek First United Methodist Church and in the Gala Concert
DIVERSITY - Master classes on vocal transcriptions and multiple perspectives from our expansive staff
PERFORM - Play in Emerson Concert Hall (800 seat world class concert hall) as part of the Gala Concert and Participant Recitals in the massed, medium, and chamber ensembles for PUBLIC AUDIENCES.
Checkout and download the IEI Festival 2013 Flyer and share with your friends!!
EUPHONIUM & TUBA ARTISTS AND MASTER CLASS TEACHERS
(Visit the IEI Festival Artist Page for photos and full biographies)
Brian Bowman - University of North Texas
Chris Buckley - US Army Band, "Pershing's Own"
David Childs - Royal Welsh College of Music (United Kingdom)
Patricio Cosentino - Principal Tuba, Buenos Aires Philharmonic (Argentina)
Adam Frey - Georgia State University
Petri Keskitalo - Principal Tuba, Helsinki Philharmonic (Finland)
Jamie Lipton - Henderson State University
James Jackson - US Coast Guard Band
Jukka Myllys - Oulu Philharmonic, Sibelius Academy (Finland)
Dan Perantoni - Indiana University
STAFF, GUEST CLINICIANS, CONDUCTORS, AND ENSEMBLES
Atlanta Youth Wind Symphony - Scott Stewart, Director
Mercury Orkestar - Balkan Party Band
Robert Ambrose - Director of Bands, Georgia State University
Caryl Conger - Collaborative Pianist
Dwight Coleman - Professor of Voice, Georgia State University
Magdelana Shumanova - Collaborative Pianist
more artists and details to follow...
Please Note: Artists are subjust to change and are current as of December 1, 2012. .
Registration Fees and Options
- Festival Registration
- Entire Festival - $350 - Registration includes FULL ACCESS to the IEI Festival including a festival T-Shirt, attendance to all concerts, master classes, bus trip to Alpharetta, instrument and music exhibits, chamber music coachings, performing in ALL participant ensembles and concerts, and warm-up classes.
- One Day - $90 - includes all of the above for one specified day only (Great to sample the IEI Experience)
- Click here to check out the music facilities at Emory University
- Optional Lesson & Master Class Packages
- $75 Silver Package includes one 45 minute private lesson
- $190 Gold Package (Recommended for the most complete experience)
- 45 minute private lesson
- 30 minute private lesson
- master class perforrmace
- $75 Additional 45 minute private Lesson
- Housing and Meal Packages (Check-in 2PM - 6/23, Check-out 10 AM - 6/30)
- If you travel by airplane, please fly to Atlanta (ATL) airport and arrive between 12-2 on June 23rd and depart between 9-12 on June 30th. We provide FREE shuttles between the airport and Emory University.
- If you travel by car, you can arrive any time before 4 on June 23rd. The address is 1700 North Decatur Rd, Atlanta GA 30302.
Solo Competition Information
Please visit the IEI Festival Solo Competition webpage for more informaiton.
IEI Festival Sample Schedule
You can also view the IEI 2011 Program Booklet.
Sample Morning Daily Program
7:30 AM Optional Breakfast
8:45 AM Euphonium and Tuba (Separate) Warm-up and Fundamentals
9:30 AM Massed Ensemble Rehearsal / Lessons
10:15 AM Medium Ensemble Rehearsal
11:00 AM Master Class / Focus Class / Private Lessons
12:30 PM Lunch
Sample Afternoon Daily Program (College and Adult Students)
1:30 PM Chamber Music
3:00 PM Practice / Break
3:30 PM Master Class / Focus Class / Private Lessons
5:30 PM Practice / Break
6:00 PM Dinner
7:30 PM Evening Concert
Sample PM Daily Program (HS / MS Student Course)
1:30 PM Master Class / Lessons
3:00 PM Chamber Music
4:00 PM Break / Free Time / Practice / Optional Attendance at Master Class on Artist PM Program
6:00 PM Dinner
7:30 PM Evening Concert
Questions, Advertisement Flyers, and Contact Information
For any questions, please send an email to IEIFestival@euphonium.com.