Come experience the 11th Anniversary of
the International Euphonium Tuba Festival
June 22-28, 2014
at Emory University in Atlanta, GA
The more than 70 Participants of the IET Festival 2013 Outreach Concert at Johns Creek First United Methodist Church
What makes the IET Festival unique
EXPERIENCE - One of the longest (11 years) running festivals focused on euphonium and tuba
VARIETY 11 world class teachers and staff including 3 international artists!
CUSTOMIZE - Choose lesson and master class options that fit your budget
TRADITION - A special performing opportunity for ALL alumni of the previous IET Festivals to join on the Gala Concert
ENSEMBLES - Play and perform with each of the following: the IET Festival Massed ensemble (60+ players!!), medium ensembles (18-25 players ), AND chamber ensembles (4-8 players)
OPPORTUNITIES - Exhibits of instruments, mouthpieces, and sheet music by our GREAT sponsors
COMPETE - Take part in the 4th Annual IET Festival Solo Competition (more details in mid-December)
HANG - Meet students from around the world, share meals with guest artists, and enjoy the scenic Emory campus
CONCERTS - Hear our inspirational staff perform including many special guests like the Mercury Orkestar
OUTREACH - Perform at John's Creek First United Methodist Church and in the Gala Concert
DIVERSITY - Master classes on string transcriptions, performance anxiety, and multiple perspectives from our expansive staff
PERFORM - Play in Emerson Concert Hall (800 seat world class concert hall) as part of the Gala Concert and Participant Recitals in the massed, medium, and chamber ensembles for PUBLIC AUDIENCES.
You can see and read more about our incredible stafff on the IET Festival Arttist Page.
EUPHONIUM GUEST ARTISTS AND TEACHERS
Brian Bowman - University of North Texas, Willson Performing Artist
Adam Frey - International Soloist, Georgia State University, Yamaha Performing Artist
Mark Jenkins - Principal Euphonium, US Marine Band
Martin Cochran - Columbus State Univeristy, University of Alabama-Birmingham, Adams Performing Artist
Thomas Ruedi - International Soloist, Conductor, and Arranger, Besson Performing Artist (SWITZERLAND)
David Thornton - Royal Northern College of Music, Brighouse and Rastrick Brass Band, Sterling Performing Artist (UNITED KINGDOM)
Fernando Deddos - International Soloist and Composer, Adams Performing Artist (BRAZIL)
TUBA GUEST ARTISTS AND TEACHERS
Mike Roylance - Boston Symphony Orchestra, New England Conservatory of Music
Paul Ebbers - Florida State University
Fritz Kaenzig - University of Michigan, Grant Park Orchestra
Bernard Flythe - Kennesaw State University
STAFF, GUEST CLINICIANS, CONDUCTORS, AND ENSEMBLES
Mercury Orkestar - Balkan Party Band
Caryl Conger - Collaborative Pianist
Magdelana Shumanova - Collaborative Pianist
Nikk Pilato - Emory University
Scott Stewart - Westminster Schools
more artists and details to follow...
Please Note: Artists are subjust to change and are current as of November 20, 2013. .
Registration Fees and Options
- Festival Registration
- Entire Festival - $375 - Registration includes FULL ACCESS to the IET Festival including a festival T-Shirt, attendance to all concerts, master classes, bus trip to Alpharetta, instrument and music exhibits, chamber music coachings, performing in ALL participant ensembles and concerts, and warm-up classes.
- One Day - $95 - includes all of the above for one specified day only (Great to sample the IET Experience)
- Click here to check out the music facilities at Emory University
- Optional Lesson & Master Class Packages
- $75 Silver Package includes one 45 minute private lesson
- $190 Gold Package (Recommended for the most complete experience)
- 45 minute private lesson
- 30 minute private lesson
- master class perforrmace
- $75 Additional 45 minute private Lesson
- Housing and Meal Packages (Check-in 2PM - 6/22, Check-out 10 AM - 6/29)
- If you travel by airplane, please fly to Atlanta (ATL) airport and arrive between 12-2 on June 22rd and depart between 9-12 on June 29th. We provide FREE shuttles between the airport and Emory University.
- If you travel by car, you can arrive any time before 4 on June 23rd. The address is 1700 North Decatur Rd, Atlanta GA 30302.
Solo Competition Information
We will have more information in the middle of December.
IET Festival Sample Schedule
You can also view the IET 2011 Program Booklet.
Sample Morning Daily Program
7:30 AM Optional Breakfast
8:45 AM Euphonium and Tuba (Separate) Warm-up and Fundamentals
9:30 AM Massed Ensemble Rehearsal / Lessons
10:15 AM Medium Ensemble Rehearsal
11:00 AM Master Class / Focus Class / Private Lessons
12:30 PM Lunch
Sample Afternoon Daily Program (College and Adult Students)
1:30 PM Chamber Music
3:00 PM Practice / Break
3:30 PM Master Class / Focus Class / Private Lessons
5:30 PM Practice / Break
6:00 PM Dinner
7:30 PM Evening Concert
Sample PM Daily Program (HS / MS Student Course)
1:30 PM Master Class / Lessons
3:00 PM Chamber Music
4:00 PM Break / Free Time / Practice / Optional Attendance at Master Class on Artist PM Program
6:00 PM Dinner
7:30 PM Evening Concert
Questions, Advertisement Flyers, and Contact Information
For any questions, please send an email to IETFestival@euphonium.com.